Sunday, December 05, 2010

Mamas & Papas

I posted a review on Mamas & Papas website which was not very flattering to their service, and it was removed shortly after appearing there. I emailed them and am awaiting an answer from their customer service- quite curious about what they will say. The email I received after writing the review is pasted below. Makes you think twice about buying from them again. I am not happy at all. If they sell used/returned items online they should at least make people aware of what they are buying.

Thanks Customer,
Your review has been posted!
Your participation is very important to us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Zest Highchair - The Colour Bunch. Your review is now live on our site.
Your review:
I like this highchair- it is sturdy, solid and relatively easy to clean, although, definitely on the big side. The green tray is not so easy to remove, but the skill comes with experience. Baby feels comfortable in it, but it can be difficult to reach things on the tray if the baby is on the small side. The storage basket underneath is a very good feature, we keep all the bibs and muslins in there. My daughter is 8.5 months now and I have removed the straps, as it is nearly impossible for her to get out of the chair by herself, so I deemed it unnecessary to keep them on. The only complaint is with Mamas and Papas service- we bought it from the website and picked it up in the store. When we unpacked the highchair it was clearly a returned item- there were bits of food stuck to it. We would have preferred to have a brand new product for our baby or at least to be informed about its condition.
Star rating
has been posted. Click the button below to see your review on www.mamasandpapas.com.

UPDATE

Mamas & Papas called me after I contacted them via website and offered to exchange the chair. I said it was OK, no need as we've been using it for a couple of months now. So instead they sent me £30 giftcard. The lady was very courteous and assured me that this does not happen routinely that they would sell used/returned items. I am very pleased with how things turned out!

No comments: