Monday, July 23, 2007

Cardiff and Durham etc, July 2007

Lovely Durham


Only 20-30 min from Newcastle and what a refreshingly beutiful nice town. We enjoyed a nice stroll along the river and visited the famous cathedral where St. Cuthbert has been layed to rest.


This scene reminds me of Venice.


House with a winter coat






Entrance to Durham cathedral







I really loved the athmosphere..peace and quiet, medieval feel...









Yiannis (my friend from Cardiff)




















A tree with the inner glow! :)











Freaky faces




=============================================


Cardiff

I was impressed at how spaceous and bright Cardiff is compared to Newcastle. Almost reminds me of Spain with limestone buildings and wide streets.













Opera house in Cardiff










A nice place in the country where we had dinner. Only I can`t read welsh, apparently it`s pronounced completely differently from how it`s written.






Cardiff has a huge park in its center.






======================

The rainbow out of my window


This poppy I grew from a seed
Gorgeous sunset from my window
Another favorite from Jesmond Dene

No comments: